Online Journals and Magazines
- Alternative Farming Systems Information Center
- Arbor World
Detailed tree guides by species with size, shape, growth rate, and hardiness data; sun, soil, moisture preferences.
- Audubons Birds of America at the University of Pittsburgh
Depicts 497 speciesthat you can search by simple keyword or advanced Boolean search". Once retrieved, the image is rather small, but one may zoom in to enlarge an area to 100 percent of its original size; resolution is excellent.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library.
- Canadian Biodiversity Web Site
20 ecozones, patterns, Canada's in excess of 1500 species, conservation issues, legislation and references. It includes the Redpath Museum and the Redpath Biodiversity Project. Maps of Canada, coloured in red, show distributions of many specific species.
- The Cell: An Image Library
- Darwin Correspondence Project
Letters to or from Charles Darwin from 1821 to 1882. Provides letters from more than 2,000 people with whom Darwin corresponded, plus brief biographical information for approximately 2,000 correspondents and more than a 1,000 people mentioned in the letters.
- eBird Canada
Includes a checklist submission of birds in Canada, including all provinces and territories
Project developed by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the Audubon Society.
- Encyclopedia of Life
Portal that will eventually provide basic information on all known species. Although limited in terms of comprehensive species pages, it is a convenient resource for looking up species scientific names, basis facts, and images.
- Environmental Literacy Council
- Exploring Life's Origins
Molecular illustration and animation to help describe origins of life research and theories to broad audiences.
Offers a wide array of useful gardening content for consumers and educators.
- Genes to Cognition Online
Scientifically supported information on cognitive functions and genetic contributions to cognitive function. Also provides links to information on key psychological/cognitive disorders.
- International Plant Science Center: The New York Botanical Garden
- Linus Pauling and the International Peace Movement
More than 500 letters of correspondence, published papers, newspaper clippings, audio and video clips, pictures, and illustrations documenting Paulings efforts to promote peace in a dangerous nuclear world.
- Longevity Records: Life Spans of Mammals, Birds, Amphibians, Reptiles, and Fish
Documents the highest age for more than 3,000 species, including 890 mammals, 817 birds, 120 amphibians, 777 reptiles, and 450 fish.
- National Invasive Species Information Center / from the USDA
News briefs, special reports, blogs, videos, archives, and podcasts that are useful and informative.
- NatureServe Explorer
Treasure trove of animal, plant, and ecological data that covers the United States and Canada, with information on more than 65,000 plants, animals, and ecosystems, particularly endangered species.
- NOAA's National Marine Fisheries Service
- USDA Animal Welfare Information Center
Information regarding the care, management, and well-being of animals used by humans in a variety of ways.
- Swingle Plant Digital Archive and Reference Collection
1,700 digital micrographs taken from 384 specimens of flower buds, fruit, seeds, leaves, shoots, and roots.
- USGS: Undergraduate Student Resources
Resource for research on biological informatics, fisheries, wildlife, invasive species, ecosystems, and genetics.
- The Virtual Lab Book
Online version of a typical lab manual for an introductory molecular biology course.
- Western Soundscape Archive
Audio recordings of animals and environments throughout 11 contiguous states and the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
Copyright © Summit Pacific College, 2019