Online Journals and Magazines
- Artic Portal
- Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health
- Global Volcanism Program
Allows for searching or browsing for volcanoes by name, region of the world, or date of eruption.
- Earthtrends: the Environmental Information Portal
Focuses on issues of sustainable development and the environment.
- Ecological Internet
Complete Source for Environmental Sustainability News, Expert Analysis, Information Retrieval Tools, Portal Services and Web Site Consulting.
- Environmental Literacy Council
Virtual library for environmental educators, students, and the general public, with quick links to legitimate environmental agencies and resources.
- Environmental New Network
Aims to inform, educate, enable, and create a platform for global environmental action.
- Environmental Policy Collection: University of North Texas Digital Library
- Rain Forest Portal
Committed to protection of all remaining tropical rainforests and the rights of their inhabitants.
- Global Climate Change, NASA
Photographs, movies, animations, interpretive graphics, and other engaging presentations of NASA's research into climate change.
- Great Lakes Information Network
Information on a broad range of environmental, policy, and economic issues in the context of the Great lakes region.
- The Happy Planet Index
A method of evaluating the ability of a country or region to support healthy, productive human populations without a disastrous or unsustainable impact on their environment.
- Harte Research Institute
Its mission is to encourage long-term sustainability and conservation of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Imagine the Universe! Dictionary
- IUCN: International Union of Conservation of Nature
- National Ocean Service
Studies, monitors, and protects coastal and marine areas in the United States. Hosts more than 1,000 up-to-date nautical charts, tide level data updated every 10 minutes, and beautiful photography.
- National Resources Defense Council
offers more than 300 videos on You Tube
- NatureServe Explorer
Covers the United States and Canada, with information on more than 65,000 plants, animals, and ecosystems, particularly endangered species.
- NOAA Deepwater Horizon/BP Oil Spill Response
- NOAA Photo Library
- NOAA Tsunami
- United Nations Environment Programme
This group works to leverage technologies to create an information format to influence environmental policy decision makers.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
Offers news, local information, teacher resources, and multimedia (videos, photos, audios) resources
- United States Global Change Research Program
- Volcano World
Broad in scope and geared toward educators and school-age children.
- The Xerces Society
A nonprofit organization that protects wildlife through the conservation of invertebrates and their habitat.
Copyright © Summit Pacific College, 2019