LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
Online Journals and Magazines
- The Academy of Certified Archivists
- The American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (AIC)
- AMICUS Canadian National Catalogue
Searching over 30 million records from 1,300 Canadian libraries including Library Archives Canada. Library holdings and loan policies can be checked. Search results can be saved and emailed and bibliographies created.
Index of over 150 million books for sale from the catalogs of over 150 million sellers in 50 countries.
Provides the complete text of the Encyclopedia Britannica along with selective articles from more than 70 magazines and current U.S. and international news.
- British Library Online Gallery
The site holds 30,000 items, including virtual books with 'Turning the Pages' software to leaf through books and magnify the details.
- British Museum Database Search
Eventually plans to encompass every object in the collection of this museum.
- British Newspaper Archive
Dating from the 1700s.
- California Digital Library
Offers eScholarship Editions, some 2,000 online books, 25 percent of which are available to the public.
- Canada Newspaper Archive 1753-2017
- Canadian Conservation Institute
One of the largest conservation and museology collections in the world
- CILIP Scotland: The Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals in Scotland
- Choice Reviews Online
Free monthly newsletters are provided.
- Cylinder Preservation and Digitization Project
Almost 8,000 cylinders makes this site an amazing resource for scholars, musicians, and historians. Also includes about 36,000 audio files.
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal
Archives theses and dissertations from 276 universities in 17 countries.
- Digital Book Index
Includes in excess of 145,000 free and paid digital books, including 100,000 plus free books, texts and documents. The site has 2000 plus reference books; approximately 12,000 literature and language and history books; and more than 1200 books in philosophy and religion.
- Digital Commons
Traditional repository and a subject-oriented collection of workplace-related information.
- Digital Gallery / The National Library of Scotland
- Digital Library of the Caribbean
Wealth of scholarly digitized materials concerning the study of Caribbean culture and history
- DLIST: Digital Library of Information Science and Technology
Open Archives Initiative—Protocol for Metadata Harvesting. Documents may be retrieved by browsing, or by simple or advanced search.
- DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals
Scientific and scholarly journals, including 1611 journals, 405 of which are searchable at the article level.
Free downloads of more than 30,000 free and trial-version programs, including utilities, music, and games.
- ETS (Emerging Technolgy Section)
Index of web sites of the Reference and User Services Association (RUSA) of ALA to recognize outstanding reference sites on the web.
- English Short Title Catalog
Indexes works published in the British Isles and North America between 1473 and 1800. Lists libraries holding physical copies and supplies information if the resources are available electronically
- EVIA Digital Archival Project / from Indiana University and the University of Michigan
- Farmers Almanac
Astronomical data, gardening information, and cooking and household hints.
- Google Book Search
Provides access to many e-books, categorized into fiction, non-fiction and random subjects.
- Google Scholar
Provides access to scholarly papers, web sites, images, videos, news, maps, blogs, books, products, groups, and patents.
- Info Please
One-stop source for ready reference
Covers subject areas ranging from Agriculture to Social Science for searching table of contents in journals. Publisher's names are listed alphabetically and 84 publications are included under Religion.
- International Children's Digital Library: A Library for the World's Children
An international collection that appeals to children ages 3-13 (all over the world) and provides quality literature
- Internet Archive (Open Library)
A digital library of over one-half million (and counting) free and downloadable e-books, moving images and audios. In 1996 the Archive was founded with the purpose of offering permanent access for researchers, historians, and scholars to historical collections that exist in digital format
Search Tools provide links to search engines, language tools, and internet tools
- JISC eCollections
- Journal TOCs
Table of contents (TOCs) for over 14,000 journals from more than 500 publishers.
- JSTOR (Journals before 1922 in the U.S. & before 1870 elsewhere).
- Library and Archival Exhibitions on the Web - Smithsonian
Best listing available for digital exhibits. Including over 5,800 links, the guide is international in scope.
- The Library of Congress
Provides library catalogs and bibliographic information for books and resources held in libraries worldwide
Library of recordings, in MP3 and Ogg files, of books in the public domain.
- Martindale's "The Reference Desk"
Covers a wide range of topics including international business, astronomy, entertainment, and the arts
- Mendeley Research Networks
For researchers worldwide to collaborate, share, and store research ideas, citations, and related works.
- The Mens Bibliography: A Comprehensive Bibliography of Writing on Men, Masculinities, Gender, and Sexualities
Access more than 19,600 books and articles arranged in 30-plus major categories
- Merriam-Webster Online
Online dictionary and thesaurus in English
- Minnesota Digital Library - Minnesota Reflections
Over 210,000 photographs and images, maps, journals, documents, letters, and works of art
- National Indian Law Library, provided by the Native American Rights Fund
Provides valuable, up-to-date coverage of federal and customary Indian law. Law cases relate to recognition, land claims, voting rights, and natural resources. Includes 400 constitutions and 240 codes and ordinances.
- National Library of Australia
Comprehensive national bibliography, exhibits relating to the country's culture and history, and extensive online resources about Australia
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations
- New York Times Archive Search 1851-present
Search portal for electronic books, online journals, audio and image files, and movies provided by the research library community.
- OneLook Dictionaries
Allows for easy, quick word searches in over 600 on-line dictionaries, including general, legal and foreign dictionaries.
- The Online Books Page
Over 20,000 book titles available
- Palgrave Connect
- Perseus Digital Library
Evolving digital library of resources for the study of the humanities
- Ranking Web of World Repositories
Part of the largest scientific research organization in Spain that ranks online repositories.
Indexes quality Internet sites and assisting visitors in navigating these sites
- The Regional Alliance for Preservation (RAP)
- Search Engine Watch
Tips and information about searching the web
- StartSpot Network
Family of Spot sites including BookSpot, CinemaSpot, Employment Spot, GovernmentSpot, GenealogySpot, HomeworkSpot, HeadlineSpot, LibrarySpot, MuseumSpot, and TripSpot.
- United States Newspaper Archive 1736-2017
- Universal Digital Library
Provides through its web site over 1.5 million free resources, including 900,000 plus works in Chinese. Other languages include English, Arabic, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, Hindi, Sanskrit, Persian, Urdu. Subjects include from Architecture to Zoology.
- Visual Information Access
Union catalog that documents the arts, material culture, and social history. The search history feature allows returning to result sets, updating searches, and combining search results. Portfolios created during a search session can be e-mailed or downloaded in XML format
Encyclopedia edited by its readers. Each of its over one million articles may be edited, corrected, or updated by anyone in the world. Readers are encouraged to translate articles into one of over 150 languages available on the site, and update biographical information
- Wired for Books: Poems, Stories, Plays, Essays, Lectures, and Interviews for Children & Adults
This site streams audio and video interviews, readings, lectures, and other materials
"The worlds largest network of library content and services. This web resource is basically a mega-catalog of more than a billion items from OCLC libraries
- WorldCat Identities
Profiles of approximately 20 million personal or corporate authors.
Copyright © Summit Pacific College, 2021