Online Journals and Magazines
- Against the Grain - 18th Century Collections Online
- African American Women Writers of the 19th Century
A full text database of 52 published works by 19th century black women writers that is fully searchable by author, title and keyword.
- Baldwin Library of Children's Literature: Digital Collection
2,500 fully digitized children's books published from the early 1700's to present day in the US and UK.
- The Canadian Literature Archive
Contains digitized items and information about, and by, Canadian writers, novelists, poets, playwrights, essayists, Canadian literary organizations, magazines, publications, texts and library archives.
- The Carlyle Letters Online
Discover a perspective on the 19th century like no other, through the words of Thomas and Jane Welsh Carlyle. Browse over 10,000 of their collected letters by date, by recipient, by subject, and by volume.
- A Celebration of Women Writers
The site recognizes the contributions of women writers throughout history. The site recognizes and promotes awareness of the breadth and variety of women's writing.
- Dante Dartmouth Project
Searchable full-text database containing more than seventy commentaries on Dante's Divine Comedy.
Combines striking visual art, expert commentary, audio recordings of significant verses, and targeted questions.
- David Perdue's Charles Dickens Page
- Electronic Literature Collection
- Etymology Dictionary Online
- Global Voices
- GreyNet International / Grey Literature Network Service
- Guide to Grammar & Writing
- Jewish News Archives / from Jewish Telegraphic Agency
- Online Literary Criticism Guide
Collection of some of the best starting places online for finding authoritative and critical writing.
- Poetry Archive
Audio recordings of English-language poets reading their own work.
- ProPublica: Journalism in the Public Interest
Independent, non-profit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest. Focuses exclusively on truly important stories that shine a light on exploitation of the weak by the strong and on the failures of those with power to vindicate the trust placed in them.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Provides 200 free writing resources and instructional materials for students, teachers, and trainers. Included are formatting and style guides, grammar and mechanics, internet literacy, ESL, job search and technical writing, and research.
- The Rossetti Archive: The Complete Writings and Pictures of Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Provides students and scholars with access to all of DGR's pictorial and textual works and to a large contextual corpus of materials. All documents are encoded for structured search and analysis.
- The Sage English Dictionary and Thesaurus
- SFE: The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction
- Uncle Toms Cabin and American culture: A Multimedia Archive
- Victorian Research Web: Scholarly Sources for Victorian Research
Provides a practical yet eclectic collection of resources aimed squarely at the scholar of the Victorian era.
Collection of resources and links for the study of Virgil and his influence. It hosts several texts and translations not readily available elsewhere.
- The Walt Whitman Archive
Makes Whitman's vast work easily and conveniently accessible to scholars, students, and general readers. Includes as much of his written material as possible including his poetry, notebooks, manuscript fragments, prose essays, letters, and voluminous journalistic articles.
- William Faulkner on the Web
Guide to the life and works of William Faulkner, by all accounts one of America's greatest writers. Is fully searchable and contains a great variety and volume of material.
- Women Poets of the Romantic Period
A significant collection of first and early editions of poetry by women writers of the British Romantic Period (1770 until roughly 1839).
- Women Romantic-Era Writers
Focusing on the Romantic Era, the site includes electronic texts (alphabetically by author); annuals, anthologies and gift books; contemporary responses to women writers; electronic text archives; cultural and visual resources; and, related web sites
Users may look up the definition of any word, along with examples, pronunciations, etymologies, related items, and statistics.
Copyright © Summit Pacific College, 2018